Off-campus VPN Connectivity
You must use the FSU VPN Service in order to connect to RCC resources from off-campus.
Once you are connected to the FSU VPN, then you can connect to our systems (via SSH or other protocol) as if you were on campus.
Connecting with AnyConnect#
We recommend downloading and using the FSU AnyConnect client, which provides seamless, transparent access to the FSU network from off-campus. The client works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Login to https://vpn.fsu.edu/hpc using your FSUID username and password.
- CLick AnyConnect in the navigation menu.
- Click Start AnyConnect to download and install the client (you will see some Java confirmation dialog boxes, and you may need to install Java on your workstation).
- The AnyConnect client will be available in your Start Menu (Windows), Applications Folder (Mac), or Applications List (Linux). Start the program and authenticate in order to login.
- Fill in vpn.fsu.edu/hpc in the "Connect To" box, and press Enter. Note the /hpc on the end of the hostname!
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect and complete the two-factor authentication process.